Friday, May 21, 2010

A New Blog!

I've been exploring vegetarianism, veganism and most recently, raw food living for sometime. The idea of eating only raw foods is something that has popped up in my life many times in the past 12 years. I have ignored it over and over.

But here I find myself, 12 years later, heavier than before (although my BMI says I'm still in the healthy range, I know my truly ideal weight is about 15-20 lbs lower than I am right now), bigger than before, and not as healthy, energetic and lively as I once was. I want that to change. I want to feel healthy! I want to be healthy.

Raw foods popped up again recently in my search for healthier eating. I think I'm starting to get the hint that this is the direction I need to go in. I don't know if raw is right for everyone, but I seem to be getting the message that it is what is right for me. I'm done ignoring it! :)

However, I know myself and know that I won't be able to make the change overnight. I have a 12yo daughter and a 9yo son, work at home with other kids in the house, homeschool, have a meat-eating, cooked-food loving husband and more. It'll be a grand exploration, an interesting journey, one in which I will need to be as patient with myself as with everyone else.

So, I will blog here on things I find, recipes I try, books I read, progress I make and setbacks I have. Of course, exercise is also part of being healthier. I will probably share my progress with that here, too, even though the blog title is is about raw foods.

If you are joining me on this journey, welcome! Maybe we can even support each other on this trek!

No comments:

Post a Comment