Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Days 1 and 2

Since I kind of officially started on this venture yesterday, it will be Day 1 and today Day 2. And I have to admit: for neither one of the days did I stay completely raw in the morning. However, what I ate that wasn't raw was an Organic Food Bar, yesterday's being 90% raw and today's being 75% raw. I suppose that's cheating, but these things are so full of organic, and mostly raw, goodness, it didn't feel like cheating.

I think smoothies most days are going to be the way to go for raw first thing in the morning, although sometimes I do like to have a fruit salad. I need to figure out what else I can eat in the morning as a smoothie just doesn't really cut it for me as being enough, and I don't want to make a massive amount of smoothie, as variety is kind of nice!

Other than that, my weight is higher than it was a couple of weeks ago. *sigh* I don't know if it's just water retention (was bad with the dairy and salt last week) or what. I did do 15 minutes of treadmill this morning (I messed up my knees badly some years back by doing too much too soon, and for the time being, 15-20 minutes at a time is about all my knees can handle without the ligaments complaining a lot) and a very small amount of crunches and push-ups. And some stretching. I'm trying to keep my mind focused on my target weight rather than on my current weight--it's hard to move forward if you are clinging to the past!

No comments:

Post a Comment