Saturday, May 22, 2010

Funny How Things Go

While looking through raw food titles in my local library's catalogue, I came across Carol Alt's books. Her style of raw includes animal products, which, other than the honey, I just can't do. No way I'm eating raw meat, especially since the idea of eating meat at all bothers me (even though I do still do it *sigh*). I'm also allergic/intolerant to dairy, although having done all the reading I've done, I now wonder if I wouldn't react to raw dairy products. But then there's the whole philosophical/ethical issue of whether or not we ought to be consuming food intended for another mammal's babies. When we're fully grown adults.

In any case, I was looking through her cookbook a couple of nights ago and while getting myself ready for bed, the thought came to me: what about raw skin products? I love my Lush products and have read of some other things recently about using natural ingredients, even from your kitchen, for skin care, but they're not necessarily raw and I wondered about if it would potentially be better to have raw. Today, I ended up on a site where they are promoting Carol Alt's raw skin care line! lol. The one serious drawback to her products is the amount of packaging they come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment