Thursday, March 31, 2011

Recipe of the Week - Raspberry Coconut Smoothie

My 13yo dd and I tried the Raspberry Coconut Smoothie from Raw Food: A Complete Guide for Every Meal of the Day. The recipe calls for frozen raspberries, a banana, apple juice, fresh mint leaves and coconut flakes. I can't (yet) eat raw apple products, so we used some regular, not-from-concentrate apple juice, upped the amount of raspberries (it was very apple juice flavoured), my coconut was old and very crunchy (lol) and we didn't have mint leaves. *sigh* Dd liked it well enough, but she has found that she reacts to bananas a bit and this left her tongue feeling kind of funny. I liked it and would definitely make it again!

Rating for this recipe:

*Ease of preparation/time: 5 out of 5
*Ease of acquiring the ingredients: 4 out of 5
*Taste: 4 out of 5


As a follow-up to my previous recipe rating for the carrot-raisin salad, I think I now give it a 5 out of 5 for taste. I LOVE that salad!!!! I've had it a few times since I first tried it and could honestly eat it more often, except that I figure I need to focus on variety. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment