Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's been a while, omg

Well, it's been quite a while. I come back here, head down.

Yes, I'm somewhat ashamed by my lack of progress. Everything I've read and think about tells me that a mostly raw, if not entirely raw, diet is the way for me to go. Yet, I can't somehow get really moving on it. Why the lack of commitment? Am I just stuck in my comfort zone? (Probably.) Am I trying to do too much in my life? (Um, yes.) Where does this fall on my scale of priorities?

That's a really good question, actually. My health has not been a top priority for sometime. I'm working on it. I joined the X-Weighted Challenge this year, not for weight loss, but to focus on my own personal health. My knees have been a problem for years and sticking with this challenge has seen definite results--and improved fitness. I finally made a great change last week: brought down the number of grains servings I was eating per day. I had no idea that a grains serving was supposed to be so small. It was a great boost to eat more raw. And I lost 3 lbs in one week. (Let me say, I'm not very heavy to begin with.)

The past couple of days, I've been sick with a cold and raw food is not on my mind, I hate to say. Actually, I did have a simple green smoothie this morning for breakfast (spinach, orange juice, water and bananas). It was just what I needed.

I think I just need to get my day-to-day life better organized, better planned, so that I can start making this transition happen faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment