Monday, March 21, 2011

Recipe of the Week - March 21st, 2011

I thought to get myself moving more with raw foods, even if I never get to 100% (I'm not convinced I want to), I ought to set myself some goals and make a plan. I decided to try one new recipe a week, at a minimum, and then I can share my comments on the recipe here.

Today's recipe is Maria's Student Salad from page 73 of

(Canadian residents: Raw Food: A Complete Guide for Every Meal of the Day)

It's a very simple recipe, made up of grated carrots, raisins, sunflower seeds, lemon juice, olive oil and a pinch of herb salt. Took me but a couple of minutes to prepare--grating the carrot took the longest. (I decided to make a smaller version my first time out; usually takes 3 carrots.) It's actually pretty tasty. I wasn't sure my first couple of bites if this is something I would make for myself again, but I'm now down to the bottom of the bowl and yes, I would definitely make this again.

Here's my rating for this recipe, on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the best:

*Ease of preparation/time: 5
*Ease of finding ingredients: 5
*Taste: 4

Other comments:
I think if I had made the full size salad (3 times the amount I made for myself), it would have been way too much. Although, I'm not super hungry today, so that could be why. The mix of the sweet raisins, the crunchy sunflower seeds and the touch of sour from the lemon juice is really nice, then there's a hint of the herbs (I used regular Mrs. Dash) here and there. Quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment