Friday, June 4, 2010

Doing better

That nasty smoothie affected me ALL day!!! I don't know if I put bad fruit in it, a bad combination of things or what, but my stomach got very acidic and painful, also caused a lot of burping... I tried just drinking water to flush it out, but my stomach would be even worse. I decided to listen to what my body wanted: carbs. I couldn't believe it. So I kept eating carbs as the desire arose through the day, mostly junk-type stuff (birthday cake, but not cookies; bread, but not crackers; the cravings were very specific!), which annoyed me, but if I thought of any other foods, the thought didn't sit well with me. I've learned to listen to my body when it's in distress like that because it always helps! I had KFC once, had too much of the gravy or something, and felt flu-like afterwards, having no clue it was the KFC until the next time we had KFC (months later) and the same thing happened. I found I was craving food, even after having eaten, so I went into the kitchen and saltines and graham crackers seemed to be the thing. So, I returned to bed, feeling achey and feverish and the whole bit (like I said, it was like a flu!), and I ate saltines until I wanted the graham crackers, then graham crackers until I wanted the saltines. This continued for a while until it was done, no more cravings. And I felt better.

I still have no desire for fruits and veggies today. My stomach still isn't quite settled. I'm floored that a smoothie could do that to me. I'll have to ask in some forums if there are some foods that are bad to combine, or if it's more likely that I had bad fruit in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment